Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday







Now that school is out and the kids are around each other 24/7 the issue of sharing (or not sharing as the case may be) is rearing it's ugly head at our house.
After a couple of days of arguing over not sharing I came up with a plan. I told them they could each pick 3 things that were very special to them. Everything else was fair game to everyone. If I hear them complain about sharing the punishment is that the other child gets to play with their special thing 1 time.
So far this has really helped the issue and it works for me!
For other ideas head on over to Rocks In My Dryer.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Ruthless... you are a truly ruthless mother.
Just kidding - that sounds like a good idea!
I saw on Supernanny once she had them pick out a toy that was special and then they all had to trade and "protect" their siblings toy for a week. It really taught them to be respectful of each other's things, and also to trust each other.

Jen said...

I'll have to remember this one for when my kids get a little older. We're working on sharing even though we have a 2 year old and a 6 month old.