Friday, June 08, 2007

Whoopie Pies



Here's the recipe for whoopie pies that I was asked for. Enjoy!

Cake:
1 c. crisco
2 c. sugar
2 egg yolks
2 tsp vanilla
4 1/2 c. flour
1 c. cocoa
2 tsp salt
1 c. sour milk
2 tsp soda
1 c. hot water

Filling:
2 egg whites
2 tsp vanilla
4 T. flour
4 T. milk
4 c. confectioners sugar
1 c. crisco

Cake:
cream shortening and sugar; add egg yolks and vanilla. Mix together flour, cocoa and salt, then add alternately with sour milk to shortening mixture. Dissolve soda in water. Add this last. Drop from spoon onto greased cookie sheet. Feather out to 3 inch diameter. Bake at 400 for 8 minutes. Spread 1/2 of the baked cakes with filling and cover with remaining 1/2 of cakes. Makes 30.

Filling:
Beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add remaining ingredients, beating thoroughly at medium speed after each addition.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Truly evil. How can you post this when I'm trying (not too successfully to be good)! Oh well, I guess I'll be making some whoopie pies this weekend... I have to support your blog after all... they look so delicious and I'm here at work just drooling wanting one!
Thanks.

Mari said...

I've made these before and they are good! (but not good for you) I have enough problems behaving without you tempting me!