Thursday, January 25, 2007

Is it Friday yet???

It was a rough morning today. Both girls have coughs and Halle especially wasn't 100% this morning. Not bad enough to stay home from school but not feeling normal either. Well already last night she was saying she didn't want to go to school. This morning it continued. Didn't want to get dressed, brush teeth etc... I wasn't going to give in because she's a home body and if I let her stay home for the sniffles once it would never end. I was telling her how she has to go to school it's important for her to learn and then she drops on me this bomb... (Thanks so much Michelle!!)
"But Eden and Faith learn and they stay at home!!"
Well I'm sorry honey but you adopted into the wrong home and got the wrong mother for you to stay home and learn! I'm not as patient or as smart as Eden and Faith's mom is!!
So we get our snow pants on which by the way weren't good either because they weren't the pants kind- they were the whole snowpants and she hates them! Out we go to the bus and the tears start falling. I'm trying everything in my power to just get her on the bus because I know she'll be fine when she gets there. I ended up telling her that daddy would take her out for lunch tomorrow because he is taking the day off and was planning on that anyway. I told her to decide where she wanted to go and she could think all day long of which restaurant she wanted to go to.
She did get on the bus with no more tears. I hate this - she started not wanting to go on Monday and I sure hope and pray this isn't something I'm going to have to deal with every school day. Hopefully it's just the cold and cough talking! (I'm not 100% convinced of that though!)

On to more pleasant topics... Tomorrow Michelle, Julie, Brenda and I take off for Detroit to go to the new Ikea store there. I am so excited and I just can't wait. We are going to have so much fun shopping, sitting in the hot tub, going out for dinner and not having to cook... Oh the bliss I can't stand it! I'll tell you all about it next week!

No comments: