Monday, January 29, 2007

Back to Reality

We're back from our wonderful weekend. We had so so much fun! We left at 8:30 Friday morning and headed down to Canton to go to Ikea. The weather got a little nasty- we saw 7 accidents on the way down but we weren't going to let that stop us!! We did really well at Ikea. I got a wavy mirror for the girls room for $10 a huge wicker basket for the basement for $13 a new silverware tray for .99 a timer for the computer for .99 I know there were a couple more things but it's Monday morning and I can't remember them- anyway I got out of there for $35 and I got quite a bit! Then we went to the hotel and sat in the hot tub- it was awesome there was no one there so we had the place to ourselves.
After that we went to On the Border- it turns out we all love that place. It was wonderful to only have to pay for 1 dinner, have to only entertain ourselves, not cut up any food other than our own!
We went to Kohls after that and just looked around. Then back to the hotel for more hot tubbing and then we played phase 10 in our room- we laughed so hard our stomachs hurt (maybe it was from eating too much too!)
In the morning we went to Target and wandered around and then we went to Uno's Restaurant- I've never been there before but I highly recommend it- it was so delicious!
Then we started to head toward home and stopped at the Tanger outlet mall. I'm so glad we did because I went into The Childrens Place. I got the girls a beautiful sweater with the fur outlining the hood for $5!!!! I got really cute t-shirts for $5 and really cute skorts for $2.50!!!!! Can't beat that price!
We were all really tired when we got home but what an awesome time! It was so nice to just have a little mom time! If you want some pictures go here.

Think of me this week- I've banned the t.v. computer and game systems for 1 week. I want the kids to find other things to do and not be so attached to these things. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: