Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Shopping Adventure

I'm still trying to rise out of my bummed state of mind that our shopping day is done. We all look forward to this day all year long and then in a blink of an eye- it's over. Sigh......

We started off at 8:00 a.m. and headed out to the stores. We had lunch at a place called Camilles- it's fabulous! They have the most delicious wraps, pannini's, sandwiches etc... We split our sandwiches and had a delicious bowl of alfredo soup. I can't remember the exact name but it was so yummy!

We continued on our quest and before we knew it the time was 5:15 and it was time to venture out to Olive Garden. It was quite busy but we got lucky because I said first available. They seated us in the smoking section but no one smoked until we were ready to leave so it all worked out!

We still weren't done after supper so we had a few more stops to make. We finally made it to the hotel at about 8:00 I think.
It's always a relief to make it to the hotel because by the end of the day we're all about dead from shopping. Let me try to remember all the stores we hit throughout the day:
Target
Meijer
Kregels
Kohls
Circuit City
Best Buy
Fields FAbrics
Bed, Bath and Beyond
Bath and Body Works
Sears
The Body Shop
Celebration Cinema
The Icing
Payless Shoes
Kirlins Hallmark
Old Navy
Rue 21
Toys R Us
Lowes
Gander Mountain

Makes you tired just thinking about it doesn't it!

Some of the highlights of our day were: While at Meijers- we ran into Melissa she was being a little disruptive but we kept her in line.
While we were at Olive Garden we had a moment of not being able to stop laughing while Mari was trying to take pictures of us. That got a little embarrasing when the waiter came back and some of us couldn't regain control!

We got back to the hotel, unloaded all our packages and got them organized.





We relaxed for awhile and then it was time for dessert:




Looks fabulous doesn't it! It was too!

It was all going fabulously well until we tried to go to sleep. I fell asleep before Terri but then suddenly I was awakened by the most horrific sound. I can't really describe it other than to say it sounded like a foghorn with a little bit of dying cow mixed in. Turns out it was coming from our room and actually in the bed right next to me! Now look at this picture:



That would be Terri underneath all those pillows. You see snoring or actually breathing of any kind bothers her terribly- so she wears ear plugs and then on top of that burrows into the pillows and puts them over her head as well. Well it wasn't Mari or I making any noise- it was her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So after Mari and I were both awakened by her snoring, Mari tried gently prodding her to no avail so I had to take further action. After pounding her (gently) she awoke and we told her she had to wait for us to fall asleep before she could go back to sleep. We managed to sleep for awhile but there were further disruptions throughout the night. Love ya Terri but next year you might be sleeping in the van!!!!!
I do have to give her props because we did find her very apologetic in the morning- and you are forgiven.

All in all it was so much fun- we laughed so hard numerous times that we had tears flowing. What fun times and we got a lot accomplished. Can't wait for next year!





post signature

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a riot! I've said it before, but you three sure make me wish I had a sister. I laughed out loud at the noisy sister part, hehe. I live a man who snores and it's awful...not him, just the snoring, AHHHH!

I'm glad you all had so much fun. If you were in the area you'll have to let me know where the place is that you went for lunch. I never heard of it.

I'm still in shock looking at all of your bags! Can I come to your house for Christmas?

Cheri said...

Just to clear that up- those are everyones bags- but mostly Terri's!

A Stone Gatherer said...

That sounded like such fun!!! And I did not take offense! I'm just shocked my sweet little girly could tell me I have this issue. I have been in denial. Steve could tell me I snore and I wouldn't believe him. It takes the innocence of a child to make me see the truth! : - )

Mari said...

It was a great time again - I love spending time with you two!

Melissa said...

Sounds like a great time. But I think you have your story a little mixed up...I wasn't the one causing the problems!!! :)

Terri said...

I thought we had agreed not to post anything nasty!!!! Must I write about other things? And I take exception to the fact of the bags - I think you had the same amount as me!!

I'm Tara. said...

Oh goodness, what a fun day! That picture cracked me up. Ahhhh - sisters. Wish I had one myself!!

Bonnie said...

That post is hilarious !! I loved it !! I've just finished reading Mari's blog on your trip and now reading yours ... well, it's such fun ! I love the story about Terri and that picture is a classic of her all burrowed under the pillows !!! You three gals are the coolest !

The Birds Nest said...

Now let's talk about the "Oh Sweet Mercy I Love to Shop Award"!! That would be the pot calling the kettle black, don't you think? Hehe!! It looks like you had great fun!!

Anonymous said...

Its so cool that you 3 can do this and still come out smiling! LOL

Glad it was a success!!

julie said...

I am so glad tha you had such a great time!

Laura said...

That is so funny! I can just picture it all. (And I have the benefit of having a soundtrack because I can still hear the cackling from the phone calls!)

That is a lot of stores... Hopefully that means you're almost done?

And that dessert looks ab-so-lute-ly wonderful!!!

And I'm sorry you had snoring to deal with. It could be worse - you could have found a knife on your pillow!

Cheri said...

Laura- you really should clarify your knife comment-
Anyone who doesn't know the story would think we're a bunch of crazy people!

I have a good life said...

What an awesome idea. I may have to copy it! Shop. Eat. Sleep. Fun. I might even add wrap to the night's activities. Why not get it all done? Awesome!

LeslieW. said...

Looks like you had such a good time! Congrats on getting some shopping done! I wish I could have some of that dessert!

Dena said...

That is SOME shopping trip - wow! I can't believe you got to all of those places in one day and found time to eat TWICE! Poor Terri - I feel ya sister but Leslie is a bit nicer than your MEAN sisters!
YUMMY cake!

God's girl said...

Wow! You hit so many stores I feel tired! Ha! :)

Glad you got to do it!
Much love,
ANgela