Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I have an award to hand out.....





It has come to my attention that I am a slacker. I have a dear blogging friend who I have let down. You see both Mari and Terri also have the pleasure of being friends with Leslie also. Apparently, they are better bloggers than I am and have already awarded Leslie with numerous blogging awards. I am deeply saddened and slightly embarrassed about this oversight on my part. Although I do believe that they got around to it faster than I did because I'm much busier than they are with cleaning my house, doing laundry and other very important things and not using my time being on the computer. Excuse me while I recover for a moment from that huge fib!!!



OK, I'm back. On to the award. I am very pleased to award Leslie with the very prestigous


Contraband Jailbird Award



This award goes to someone who exhibits sneakyness, a little bit of Dutchness in their blood but also exhibits southern charm.

Leslie is a shoe in for this award. Let me prove my point:


Exhibit A: She snuck in cans of coke onto the cruise ship on her luggage.

Exhibit B: She was obviously too cheap to pay the very fair(-hee hee) price of $2.00 for a drink on the boat.

Exhibit C: She smiled that innocent smile and laid on the southern charm to get out of this blatent bad behavior! See picture below:




I'm sure you all agree with me now that Leslie is the perfect candidate for this award and it is my pleasure to bestow it upon her! Enjoy it Leslie and wear it with pride!!



post signature

9 comments:

Laura said...

That is too funny! I'm sure she'll love it.

The Birds Nest said...

That is great!!! She will love it!!!! By the way, I believe that I have gotten awards from both of your sisters too:) Hint Hint. HaHa!!!

Mari said...

I love it - She is obviously the perfect candidate for this award!

Dena said...

Ok - I am laughing SSOOSOSOSOSOSO hard! That is BY FAR the funniest thing I have seen in forever - the only thing that makes it FUNNIER is that you hit the nail on the head!

She was sooo innocent and doe eyed! That faker!

Cheri said...

Ok- I really am losing my mind- I just looked through some old posts and I have given Leslie an award before- the nice matters award!

Oh well- she still deserves this one!!

Terri said...

Yup, I think she fits that award perfectly!! I'm sure she will love it. Wherever did you find that one?

Cheri said...

I made it!

LeslieW. said...

I hadn't made the rounds when Dena told me I HAD to check this out! She was laughing so hard that she could barely hold it together! You are so funny and too fabulous. I am truly humbled that you made up an award for little ole me! Thank you so much for wanting to be included in my fans!!!I guess you already know that you gave me the first award of all the sisters! I think it's interesting that you chose to give me the "Nice Matters Award" AND the "Jailbird Contraband Award!" I can wear many different hats I guess! Thanks so much for the giggle, you are sooooooooo much fun!

PS. In hind sight, I would have only saved $10 and I spent $210 anyway! Guess I wasn't thinking straight and CLEARLY needed a vacation!

Dena said...

I am still laughing!!! I LOVE it! you are too too funny!