Thursday, March 15, 2007

The old and the new

During my blogging break I was very busy. I made over my bedroom and my kitchen!
Here's the old bedroom:



Here's the new bedroom:




My kitchen renovation wasn't as smooth. Here's what it started like:



I started off painting it a sage green- I have that color in my living room and I thought it would be a nice transition since it's kind of open from the kitchen to the living room. Here's what happened! It looked awful- the green wasn't the right green and I hated it next to the cupboards!



I ended up painting it 2 tone. I did a blue on the back wall and tan on the 2 side walls. I really like it. We got a new light over the table and over the sink. It looks much more updated and I'm really happy with it.
I'm now done for awhile renovating- I've done enough painting to last me for awhile now!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a change! That is something you would immediately notice when you walk into your kitchen. I do love your bedroom too. Teri

Laura said...

I LOVE the bedroom. Turned out absolutely great!! When I first red you painted the kitchen I thought - No! It was cute! And then when I saw the green I thought GOOD HEAVENS WHAT WAS SHE THINKING!! But then I saw the blue and tan and I really like that. I think both rooms turned out really good. I bet you definitely are sick of painting though!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the makeovers!!!!! Great, now I want to paint my bedroom!!! Still bummed that I couldn't see the work in person yesterday!!!!
julie:)

Anonymous said...

i love it!
~Kay~