Monday, February 26, 2007

No power

We lost power last night. Mark was outside snow blowing at 9:00 last night so he wouldn't wake everybody up early in the morning at 4:00 before he went to work. While he was outside he said there was a blue flash in the sky and then everybody's power on the street flickered and then there was another blue flash in the sky and then the power went out for good. He came in- I don't know what the blue flashes were- maybe it was that lightning that happens in winter- I can't remember what they call that but he said it was pretty weird outside!
We all went to bed because there was nothing to do. At least I tried to go to sleep. My neighbor started up his generator. It was extremely loud. I ended up hunting down an ear plug and finally fell asleep.
I was thinking it would be a long day today with no power and therefore no heat but the power came back on around 1:00 this morning!
Just on a side note- Halle fell asleep on the couch with Mark the other night so I snuck a picture! Hope you have a great Monday!




1 comment:

Laura said...

Awww!! What a cute picture!
I'm glad your power is back on - that is no fun.