Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Middle Age

My devotions this morning were about middle age. Boy I can relate to this one. It made me laugh so I thought I'd share just a portion of it.
The verse this correlates to if 1 Cor. 15-42-44
So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.

Tonight as I stood in the grocery store checkout line, I had a coming of middle age experience. I surveyed the contents of my cart, and the realization hit me like a ton of Metamucil: I was about to purchase my first pillbox. No wimpy 7 compartment pill box for me. No, sirree. Nothing but the most advanced state of the art deluxe pillbox for this tough old bird. I could hardly believe my eyes. I had just eked out my last child, only to run headlong into the maintenance heavy middle ages. How could I be old enough to take enough supplements and medications to require such a square possession? It seems that just as I get one pesky condition under control, another pops up. It's like that arcade game where you whack a mole back into his hole, but it's impossible to keep him down, He keeps coming back like last year's fruitcake.
Why do they call it middle age anyway? My theory is that we reach the age where our middle becomes the focus of our lives, bulging and expanding like an inflatable swimming ring with a mind of it's own. Other signs of approaching middle age include transitioning from 100 percent cotton undies to 100 percent spandex and having enough spider veins in our legs to resemble a walking atlas.

Hope this gave you a chuckle this morning also!!

No comments: