Monday, February 05, 2007

memories of mari and duane

The kids went out to play in the snow. Nick was the first one in- his feet were freezing. Arianna was soon to follow and Halle didn't want to come in. I told her she had 5 more minutes and then she had to come in. She was playing in the backyard by the swingset. The time came for her to come in and she tried- she really did. I was watching from the door and the snow was over her knees. She was really struggling - her boots kept getting stuck in the snow. Nick went out to help her. When he got to her he picked her up and I hear him tell her- I'm doing this because I love you! It brought to mind the incident of Mari and Duane getting stuck in the mud when they were little. I'm sure Mari told Duane she was helping him because she loved him too!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

That is such a cute story! Nick is a sweetheart! Arianna and Halle are really blessed to have such a cool older brother.