Friday, October 10, 2008

Apple Dumplings with Blackberry Sauce




I made these last night and they were so yummy- thought I'd share the recipe so you could enjoy them too:

Apple Dumplings with Blackberry Sauce
Pastry Crust for a 2 crust pie
2 T. sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
4 medium apples, peeled and cored
2 T. butter
1 eggyolk


Combine cinnamon and sugar in a bowl or on a plate
Peel and core apples, roll them in sugar/cinnamon mixture
Roll pastry into a rectangle
Cut lengthwise into strips
Starting at the top, spiral a pastry strip around each apple, overlapping slightly covering all but the hole at the top.
Moisten edges with water and press edges to seal.
Place in baking dish, sides not touching, spoon melted butter into centers.
Brush with eggyolk mixed with 2 tsp. water
Roll in more sugar/cinnamon
Bake at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes until apples are just getting soft.
While apples are baking: mix a cup of blackberries about 1/2 c. sugar in pan. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Pour onto and into apples for the last 10 minutes of baking. Serve with ice cream.






post signature

10 comments:

Short Stop said...

OH MY WORD, Cheri! Holy cow. These look amazing! I'm gonna try these...I don't think I can wait longer than this weekend!

Thank you for sharing the recipe!!!

Terri said...

Oh, the girls would love them. They've been asking for apple dumplings! Take some along on Saturday!!

I'm Tara. said...

*drool* Those look SOOOOO amazing!! I will definitely save this recipe for a special occasion!

A Stone Gatherer said...

They look yummy and sound yummy! I'll have to give that a try!!!!

Jodi said...

Looks good! I like the new profile picture! I'll kinda miss seeing Goofy sitting next to you! :)

Mari said...

Yummy! You are making me hungry!

Unknown said...

Yum-OOO that looks so good !! I love baked Apples

Sadie said...

Holy cow that looks good. Shame on you for putting a picture of yummy stuff! I will have to try that later on down the road!

Zaankali said...

Mark is reading with me and is wondering where our invite is...

Melissa said...

Oh yum! I can't wait to try those!!