Ginger tagged me to do this meme.
You need to list 5 things you love about Christmas. The difficulty for me is keeping it to just 5. You see Christmas is absolutely my favorite time of year!
1. The obvious one first- that we get to celebrate baby Jesus' birth.
To imagine Jesus becoming human to come to this earth to save us is really amazing. So often I take God's incredible plan for granted. How amazing that in his grace he loved us enough to have a plan to redeem us when we are so not worthy- THAT is surely something to celebrate!
2. The Christmas lights. I remember being a young girl and just sitting on my couch in the living room with the lights out and just staring at the Christmas tree.
I still like to just look at the tree and enjoy the beauty.
3. Being able to spend time with family. There are so many horror stories of people hating to spend time with family during the holiday. I love spending time with family- we always have fun and lots of laughs.
4. Christmas treats. I love all the special yummy foods this time of year. I love to bake so this is right up my alley!
5. Seeing my kids eyes light up when they open their presents. I just love watching them and the excitement they have. We don't get them an abundance of presents because I want them to remember the real reason for this celebration but it is so special to just watch and listen to their joy.
If you haven't done this meme yet- consider yourself tagged!