Monday, December 22, 2008

Mini Cinnamon Rolls

So Sunday on our snow day I was going to make home made cinnamon rolls with the girls. When I pulled out my yeast much to my dismay it had expired.
Time to come up with plan B.
On to the internet I went and found a recipe for cinnamon rolls made out of crescent rolls. We decided to try them.
They are so delicious! Better yet- they are so easy!

1 can crescent rolls
1/4 c. softened butter
2 T. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Separate rolls into 4 rectangles; press perforations together. Spread with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle this over the rectangles. Roll up each rectangle. Cut each roll into 5 slices. Place each slice cut side down in miniature muffin pan. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.

Now to make them even better I wanted to try a different frosting than ususal- here's what I did: You can easily cut this recipe in half and have plenty of frosting.

3/4 c. butter
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 T. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
powdered sugar

Melt butter, add brown sugar, salt and vanilla and bring to a boil. Take off the stove and add enough powdered sugar to bring it to the consistency that you wish. Beat with mixer. Pour over warm rolls.

The frosting has a maple taste to it and it is absolutely delicious.
I would have taken a picture but they were gone instantly.
They are so cute and yummy and easy to make- this will definitely be made again!



post signature

8 comments:

Jodi said...

these sound good and easy to make!

Terri said...

Sounds delicious!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Oh Cheri I think I'll make these for the kids on Christmas! Sound Yummy!!!!

Cherdecor said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE FLAVOR OF MAPLE! I wish I could eat these!

Mari said...

Thanks - they sound marvelous!

Sandra said...

YUM!

God's girl said...

ohh that sounds good. Good plan B.
Much love,
Angela

Elizabeth M Thompson said...

Sounds too easy! I'll have to try these out.