Monday, December 29, 2008

Last Touch

Here's the final step of our kitchen I was talking about.
See this picture:


See the white area under the wood? There used to be another piece of trim there, but the new counter top was higher than the old so we had to take the trim off.
We were just going to paint it but then I had an idea. I remembered seeing small tiles and I thought we would be able to find some for not very much money.
I was right! We found big squares of tiles that we could cut apart to fit exactly what we needed. We ended up taking the tiles all the way around the top of the counter top. I think it finishes it off so nicely and the squares were only $5 a piece so to tile it cost me $15 with grout!









post signature

17 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

That looks so great Cheri! I'm very happy for you!!!!

Nate and Brenda said...

That looks really good!! We had tile as a back splash in my old kitchen and I LOVED it!! So easy to clean!!

Zaankali said...

Very nice detail! Great thought.

Cherdecor said...

Yeah, I agree, Cheri, it gives it a finished look and so cheap too! Good for you!

Melissa said...

That looks really good! I never would have guess it was only about $15!!!

Mari said...

What a good idea! I love it!

Anonymous said...

it looks wonderful!
~kay~

God's girl said...

I just love it girl!
Much love,
Angela

Jodi said...

Looks great! What a nice Christmas present you can enjoy for a long time!

Unknown said...

Oh My!!!! That looks wonderful, what a great job, I love the new look!!!

Diane said...

That looks really great! You're so creative! :)

Anonymous said...

That looks great! It fits right under your light switches too. That couldn't have worked out any better! Oh by the way thanks for the pizza gift card, can't wait to use it!Patty

Terri said...

Great idea - looks so nice!

Sandra said...

Oh now that is a great idea, it looks wonderful :)

Happy New Year Cheri, and thanks for the prayers :)

Sadie said...

That looks AWESOME! What a good deal too! I would love a new kitchen, but a bathroom comes first.....well, after Ruthie's new room! LOL!

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Wow, that looks amazing. The tiles were a perfect little finish. If you only knew the homicidal thoughts I have towards my kitchen tile counters, you would have me arrested!

Happy New Year Cheri!

Rachel Slagle said...

love the new sink - it's beautiful! and the tile is great too - it really puts the finishing touch on it!