Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Poor Mack

I feel so bad for Mack. He has a very very bad sore on his leg that isn't healing partly because he keeps licking it. We've been to the vet the past 2 Mondays. Last week it was the size of a golf ball and this past Monday it was the size of a tennis ball. He is on antibiotics but it probably will have to be surgically removed-however that will be expensive so they want us to try a collar first.
It's awful- First let me show you how huge this thing is:


He absolutely hates this thing and he has to wear it for two weeks and see if it heals at all- if not he has to have the surgery and then wear it anyway until the sutures heal.


I don't know how he's even going to sleep- he can hardly lay his head down with that crazy thing.
I so wish there was something else I could do for him to make this better.





post signature

13 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a sad sight, I feel so bad for animals when they are sick or hurt. They just don't understand!!! Hope he heals soon.

Mari said...

Awww - poor Mack. He looks so sad in that picture!
PS - maybe we need something like that for Cleo!

Sandra said...

Poor guy, I have to agree with him though those things look so uncomfortable.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Poor Baby! I wish I could give him a hug! Make sure to keep him inside now! You know that's what he needs! His face is sooooo sad!!!

Nate and Brenda said...

Poor mack. I feel so bad for him. Those sad eyes got me.

Jodi said...

ohhhhh, that's what Grace just had after her surgery. I'm sure she can empathize.

Chad and Tammy said...

Poor guy!

Terri said...

He does look so miserable. I feel so bad for him. I wish you could make him understand.

Jen said...

That is just so sad! He even looks sad in the picture. I hope it heals on its own and saves you some cash and Mack his dignity!!!!

Cherdecor said...

Those collars are so uncomfortable. My question too is how will he sleep? I thought Shingles was bad! Poor Mack!

Anonymous said...

I must see pictures of Mack in his sweat pants. I read that you got him some on facebook. Every interesting! Patty

Diane said...

One of our dogs had to have an e-collar for a while too for something but she figured out how to sleep, eat, drink, etc. without too much trouble. We had to put the food and water in a taller bowl so she could get the collar around it but it worked. It was a pain though!

Heather said...

Oh - Mack looks so sad in that picture!! I hope the two weeks go by quickly for him!