Saturday, January 17, 2009

Anyone up for a trip to the beach?

We took a trip to the beach today and most of you who know me already know that I prefer a trip to the beach in the winter over the summer!
Well I got more than I wished for today. It was 15 degrees and with the wind it felt like -15!
It was freezing. Halle and I didn't last too long but we still enjoyed the scenery from the truck. Mark, Nick and Arianna were tougher than us and they went venturing out on the ice and brought back some neat pictures.
I love seeing the lake when it freezes over and driving home the snow started falling and both Mark and I commented on how gorgeous God's creation is and how nice it is to live somewhere that we get to see it's beauty in different forms throughout the year.
Here are some of the pictures:












post signature

11 comments:

Nate and Brenda said...

They are beautiful pictures. I have to say I do prefer the beach in the summer! LOL However the pictures are very nice.

Mari said...

Very cool pictures. I always say I need to see the beach in the winter but you know how I feel about the cold! The last picture of the lighthouse is really nice!

Anonymous said...

I love going to the beach in the fall and the winter. Late fall is great when the waves hit the top of the lighthouse. I love the winter look and beauty even if I hate the cold.

You are so right, God's hand is so evident all around us from the ice to the white fluffy snow hanging on the pines outside my window.

Maybe we will have to take a trip tomorrow.

A Stone Gatherer said...

bbbrrrrr...... but beautiful pictures!!!!!

Sandra said...

That looks so cold but stunning photos, wow!

Terri said...

WE made it there too. I'll be posting my pictures later!

Cherdecor said...

Those pictures are so cool! I don't think that I would get outside the car to take pictures though. That is a tad too cold for me. It was 3 degrees here this morning. I didn't go out in that either.

Jodi said...

I like the pictures! I'm not much of a summer beach bum either so I think I could appreciate it in the winter like you!

Bonnie said...

I've seen a lot of snow and I have seen a lot of beaches but I have never seen a frozen beach. It looks amazing !!! I never would have even thought to go to the beach in the winter ... if I was in a beach place where there was snow, which I am not. Maybe one day I will experience it ... it looks lovely. Love the pictures. That red light house is wonderful against the white snow !!

Rachel Slagle said...

wow! i'm cold just looking at the pictures - which are beautiful!!

it's been hot enough here to actually go to the beach... and swim. i'm so jealous - i want some winter weather :)

Diane said...

Awesome pics! I love the beach but don't go very often in any season! :( These are beautiful!