Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Are you a fan of Banket?


I love banket but I always hear what a pain it is to make. If you love it too I've got a recipe for you!
This is so yummy and it's such a snap to make. Enjoy!

2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. margarine
1/2 pd. almond paste
2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. almond extract
2 eggs
1/2 c. chopped nuts optional

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease 9x13 pan.
Combine flour and salt- set aside
Shred almond paste or cut into small pieces. Cream margarine and almond paste
Mix in Sugar, flavoring, and eggs. Beat well.
Gradually blend in dry ingredients.
Spread in prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts if using them.
Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool before cutting.

Glaze when cooled with:
Frosting: Mix 1 1/2 c icing sugar, (confectioners sugar) 2 Tbsp soft margarine, 1 tsp almond extract and 1 – 2 Tbsp warm water until smooth.

Your mouth will thank you!



post signature

8 comments:

Mari said...

I don't like banket, but I bet lots of people will love the recipe!

Nate and Brenda said...

That sounds really good!!!

Anonymous said...

How can your sister by dutch and not like it? I love it, but have never made it. Can't wait to try this recipe and to pass it on to Lindsey, she loves it, too.

Jodi said...

I have never heard of this!

Sandra said...

I've never heard of this Cheri, I'll have to give it a try :)

Unknown said...

I love banket!!! Thanks this sounds easy... I'll make it for our small group Bible study...

A Stone Gatherer said...

Oh I love Banket!!!! Thanks for the recipe!!!

Cherdecor said...

I would love to taste it. I had never heard of it before but I remember you telling me about it a while ago. I am going to copy the recipe because evidently, it is something that is a favorite in your community.