Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas 2007

We had a wonderful Christmas. We made some wonderful memories. We got together with Mark's mom on Saturday night and then my family on Christmas day. It was great to all be together on Christmas day. Here are some pictures:

This is Ann- my dad's new wife. She was the proud recipient of one of our great traditions: Santa letters!
Apparently she was quite embarrassed because her secret was out- the reason for their quicky wedding. She got a maternity shirt. She took it in good humor and got quite a chuckle out of it!


This is Laura receiving a special gift from me. You see last year I gave her a stuffed oppossum and she wasn't really grateful for it. I thought I'd try again this year and gave her a stuffed squirrel. She doesn't look very grateful yet does she??


Here's Arianna after she got her guitar. She was so excited!!


Here's Mark getting a very important gift! He's been eyeing my memory foam pillow and wanting to use it every night. I thought I'd better get him one so he'd leave mine alone.


Here's Nick getting a shirt that he liked:


Halle was very excited with her camera:

Here's all the kids waiting to open up the stockings that Santa brought them:


Here I am- I was so happy I got a pannini maker. It works great- it's already been used a couple times!


I hope you all had a blessed Christmas. I'll post once more after New Years and then I'm continuing on my break until the kids go back to school.

Happy New Years Everyone!





post signature

15 comments:

Mari said...

What fun - I love the picture of Ann! I can see the kids were happy with their gifts!

A Stone Gatherer said...

The pictures are great! I'm so glad you guys had a great Christmas! I have a questions for Arianna: When will we see you playing your guitar on the Praise Team? I'm sure Chad would love to have you some day soon!!!

Zaankali said...

Let me know when you fire up that Pannini maker I'll be right over.
Smiles!

Unknown said...

Great pictures of family fun. Looks like everyone got good gifts, including the funny ones they sometimes need more thought than a regular gift does...

Laura said...

I'm glad you had such a great time! And I'm jealous of your panini maker! :)

Diane said...

I like to see all the smiles! It looks like everyone had a great time!

LeslieW. said...

yum! If I were closer, I'd come by for a panini! sounds yummy!

Bonnie said...

Looks like so much fun !! Panini ... yum yum yum !! I have one too ... you'll have to share any good recipes you discover ! :)

God's girl said...

looks like great fun!

I tagged you for a meme-if you have time come over and ck it out.
Blessings,
Ang

Sandra said...

LOL I can't stop laughing at Laura's face, you're really trying to torture her with the stuffed animals LOL

I am so jealous of your panini maker, I have wanted one for a while and actually Curt is getting me one on the first, I think I've bugged him enough LOL

So glad you had a great christmas, loved all the pictures :)

Happy New Year!

Dena said...

Dude - I love a panini - I have been wanting to get one - I was thinking of getting Annie a guitar - tell me how that goes over before I do it! I am glad y'all had such a great time and I am sooo glad Laura and Ann are such good sports!

The Birds Nest said...

What fun pictures!! It looks like you had a fabulous Christmas!! I hope you and your family have a very Happy New Year!!

Cherdecor said...

PANINIS! I love them! What ingredients do you use? Our son's friend used to work for Panera so he knew some key ingredients! YUM!

Anonymous said...

First of all, I LOVE the idea of the Santa letter. What fun.

I really enjoyed all the photos. The picture of Laura and the stuffed squirrel was priceless! :)

The pink guitar would go over well in our home too.

Happy New Year!

Cherdecor said...

Cheri, I was trying to find your email address but didn't see it anywhere so here are some ingredients to the sandwich our friend made.

Put into a skillet Olive oil, Italian Seasonings, Balsamic Vinegar,Italian Dressing, to saute onions and Portabella Mushrooms. My son, Chad, said that he put some green stuff in too and he thought it was cilantro. I thought it was parsley. Sorry I didn't write it down. He used cheese after loading the mushrooms and onions onto the sandwich. He also used some kind of bread he bought from Panera. It was a veggie sandwich but it was very good.

Your sandwich sounds equally good. This is all making me hungry so I think I'll go down and scrounge around in the refrigerator for something to eat.

Have a great day!