Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Epcot

Monday we went to Epcot. It was really fun. The weather was so perfect- 65- sunny and a nice breeeze- couldn't have asked for anything better!
What a fun place. I loved Soarin- you ride like a hanglider and you see scenery of all over the U.S. It was amazing and it felt so real!

We picked the perfect day to go to Disney- we didn't have to wait for even 1 ride!!
My feet were so sore by the end of the day from walking for 12 hours straight- but it was great exercise!
Here's some pictures:
The Epcot Ball:




Look closely at this- these were the Chinese acrobats- she was riding the unicycle and throwing bowls up to her head with her foot! They were amazing!



This was a highlight for me- we got to meet Goofy, Minnie, Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale, Lilo and Stitch- I have to admit- I got a little giddy!



These were some of the treats we enjoyed at France- a lemon tart and Napolean- It was fabulous!!


We had day 1 of the seminar today- wow- it's great. The speaker is a Christian man- it's not just relevant to Real Estate- he's also talking about getting your family, physical and spiritual lives in order.
A prayer request for you all. About 30 minutes before we finished he announced that one of the ladies that works at his company and was at the conference just received a phone call that her 21 year old son was killed in a car accident today. Her name is Lori Kennedy- I couldn't stop my tears - the whole room just gasped. Please lift her and her family up right now in your prayers.

Tomorrow is the last day of the conference and then we were planning on Busch Gardens on Thursday but we'll see because they're talking rain- we'll play that by ear.

Miss you all!








post signature

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun, I want your job!!!
Prayers to the Kennedy family how upsetting for all.

Zaankali said...

Can you box up some of that dessert for me?
Smiles!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Glad your having fun! Sorry to here about the tragedy! I will pray!

Brenda said...

Love the picture of you guys with Goofy!!! I am so sorry to hear about Lori's son. That is such a terrible tragedy. Hope the weather continues to stay nice!

Mark and Halle were here today and did an awesome job on my breaks!!! Yeah!!!!

We took a week off too this week from getting together so it will be at Julie's next week!

Melissa said...

Looks like you're having a great time. Goofy is my favorite...I have a picture with him also! I'm glad you got to meet him and the others. Epcot was one of my favorite parks because I loved the country part!
I'll be praying for Lori's family.

Mari said...

Love that picture!
Sorry to hear about the Kennedy family - I can't even imagine that. I'll be praying for them.
Glad you are having fun.

Terri said...

Looks like a ton of fun. I'd love to be there with you.
Give me a little input on the Bible language - you've got me wondering what's going on!!!

Bonnie said...

What a blast ! That photo of you and your friend and Goofy is so cute ! You look like a kid in a candy shop ! I can tell you are lovin' it !!

Sorry to hear about the Kennedy family. I have just prayed that God would give them His peace and get them through this. I will continue to pray as they come to mind.

Jen said...

How fun! We went to Disney World after I graduated high school. I would love to take my kids in about 3 years so that they are old enough to remember it, and walk the whole day on their own! :)

Laura said...

Keep having fun! I bet your kids are jealous!

That is terrible to hear. I can't even imagine. I'll pray for her.

See you soon!

Chad and Tammy said...

That looks like so much fun! We're going with Chad's whole family in November. I can't wait! I'm excited for the kids to go, but I've never been there either!

I'm so sorry to hear about the Kennedy family. I'm praying that they'll look to God for their strength. I can't imagine what they must be going through.

Anonymous said...

Cheri,You two look like you're just kids having a great time!! You rode the rides? I do that just for the kids! You must have no fears.Nice to hear from you. It's so COLD today.Enjoy your weather and see-ya soon,Patty

Cherdecor said...

Cheri, Thanks for posting some pictures of your fun time in Florida.

What terrible news to the family who were there to enjoy some of the sites along with the meeting! What sad, sad news! May the Lord Jesus give them strength to go through this very hard time.

God's girl said...

Looks like you are having a great time! Enjoy it!

SO sorry about that lady and her son. I am lifting them up in prayer.
Much love,
Angela

LeslieW. said...

You are soooo close! Enjoy the weather! I must admit that I am jealous. I have been trying to get Kane to take me to Disney for years. He is just not interested!

Dena said...

too tooooo fun! eat some yummy food for me!

Anonymous said...

We'll keep her in our prayers---it's not natural to bury your child. It was difficult when we lost our son at the age of 2 1/2. I can't imagine 21 years worth of memories.

By the way, did you visit Japan while you were there? :)

Sandra said...

Loved all the photos, it looks like a great place to visit :) And the desserts....YUMMY!

So sorry about the 21 year old boy, that is just so sad :(

The Birds Nest said...

Years ago my husband and I went to Epcot. We spent the whole day eating our way through every country. It was too much fun!! We really need to go back soon because it is only 6 hours away. I'm sorry to hear about the Kennedy family.