Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Can you believe it???

Yes- I'm actually posting!!
I made this recipe for supper tonight and it's so good I wanted to share it.
This came from Kraft's Food and Family magazine. I love that magazine- they have great recipes that are always inexpensive, easy and they taste great. This recipe didn't dissapoint.
It's meatballs- 2 ways. You make the batch of meatballs and it's enough for 2 suppers served different ways.
Meatball recipe:
2 pds ground beef
1 pkg stove top stuffing mix- chicken flavor
2 eggs
1 1/4 c. water

That's it!! Mix it together. Line a pan with foil and shape into 32 balls - using 1/4 c. for each.
Place 16 meatballs in each pan. Bake for 16-18 minutes at 400 until they reach 160 degrees.

Then you have 2 sauces (one for each night)

Tomato Basil Creme Sauce:
Mix 1 jar (14 oz) spaghetti sauce with 2 oz. cream cheese and 2 T. fresh basil in large skillet. Cook on medium-low heat for 3 minutes until heated through- stirring frequently. Add 16 meatballs; stir evenly to coat. Sprinkle with 1/4 c. parmesan cheese. Serve over cooked linguine noodles.


Creamy Brown Gravy:
Mix 1 jar (12 oz) beef gravy with 1/2 c. sour cream and 2 T. fresh parsley. Cook on medium-low heat 3 minutes until heated through, stirring frequently. Add 16 meatballs and stir to coat. I plan on serving this with baked potatoes.

These meatballs are so delicious. I usually slave over homemade meatballs and I won't quit making them but these are right up there with flavor- very very yummy!





post signature

9 comments:

Mari said...

It is nice to see a post here! :)
The recipe looks good!

Cherdecor said...

Cheri, I know you won't believe this, but, I made these same meatballs tonight for supper! I get the magazine too, and it does have some good recipes in it. My neighbor made them yesterday and she thinks they are the best that she has ever made. Alan liked them. I didn't taste them because of the bread in them, but they are very easy to make.

A Stone Gatherer said...

That sounds great Cheri! I'll have to copy it!

Bonnie said...

Woohoo ... a post from Cheri !!! And hooray for meatballs !! I love 'em too !!

Sandra said...

LOL I feel the same way when I post Cheri LOL I haven't been blogging much...but I do see you on facebook *giggle*

Anonymous said...

Just looked through those recipes and thought a bunch of them looked worth making. Always nice to know someone tried one and gives it a thumbs up :)

Jen said...

That sounds very yummy!!! I will have to try them!

Rebekah said...

I have never made meatballs- but I am going to have to try these. Thanks for posting

Unknown said...

I have that same book, so glad to know they taste as good as it looks. Nice to see a post here too!!!