Friday, October 12, 2007

Favorite Ingredients Friday



Overwhelmed with Joy
invited me to join her "Favorite Ingredients Friday" recipe exchange so I thought I'd join in!
I just made this for supper last night and it was delicious- ALL the kids liked it which is always a beautiful thing!

Crescent pockets:
2 packages crescent rolls
1 pd. hamburger
4 oz. cream cheese
4 oz tomato sauce
shredded cheese

Brown hamburger and season with onion salt. Add cream cheese and stir till melted. Add in tomato sauce and shredded cheese to your liking.

Take crescent rolls 2 at a time and press out into a square. Put filling in middle and gather up edges and crimp together. Each package of crescent rolls will make 4 pockets. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
(I also make this same recipe with a chicken filling: chicken and cream cheese- also delicious!)




post signature

16 comments:

Carey said...

Never would have thought to make something like this. ALthough i have had the chicken ones. Very yummy. I cant wait to try this.

Mari said...

I love the chicken ones, so I bet these are great too.

Laura said...

Ok. I think we all need to make some sort of agreement about not posting delicious sounding recipes anymore because it's not very nice to me sitting here at my desk at work, on a diet, drooling into my keyboard!

Ms. Kathleen said...

These sound very yummy...something the boys would like but they way they eat I'd have to make a LOT! Thanks and God Bless!

Renee said...

This sounds great! My boys will love this. Thanks for sharing.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

This sounds very yummy and easy! Thanks for sharing :)

Melissa said...

mmmmm sounds yummy!

julie said...

This sounds GREAT!

Terri said...

I have never made these with hamburger. I love the chicken ones.

Anonymous said...

This recipe does sound delicious with either hamburger or chicken.
I can smell the aroma of these pockets baking in the oven!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! I've never seen these with ground beef.....I've made the chicken ones a lot....will have to give this a try :)

God's girl said...

Looks good. I may try that one. It seems easy enough for me. :)

I tagged you with a meme-come and check it out.
Much love,
Angela

Michelle said...

oh that sounds so good.thanks for sharing ;=)

Overwhelmed! said...

Wow, that recipe sounds simple and delicious. I love it! I'm so glad you could join us today. :)

Thanks, Cheri, for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange! I do appreciate it!

Annie said...

I've only made the chicken ones too! I'll have to try your recipe.
Sounds yummy!
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·’ * Annie *

The Birds Nest said...

Sounds yummy!! I have never made these, but I always love a new recipe. I can't wait to try them.