Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday












Whenever I buy a roast to make for supper- I buy the largest one I can find. We never eat the whole thing so I always have leftovers.
I take the rest of the meat and add about 1/2 package of dry onion soup and 1 can of cream of mushroom soup. Throw it all in the crock pot on low for a couple of hours. Shred the meat and mix it all up again. This is absolutely the most delicious beef barbeque. Just serve it on buns and you've got an easy dinner. It's also good over noodles and it freezes very well. I always love it when I can find an easy supper recipe and this one works for me! Now head on over to Shannon's at the address above to get lots of other ideas.

9 comments:

Beck said...

That sounds great! I'll give it a try this week, since I have tons of pot roasts in my freezer.

Trisha said...

Yum! We just had roast on Monday so I can try this tomorrow night.

Mama Duck said...

Mmmmmm, I want a roast now ;).

mira said...

I agree, I love "chaining" meals one to another. That's a clever way to disguise leftovers.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Sounds great. I'm always looking for things to do with leftover roast. Thanks!

Amy said...

Thank you for the dinner idea. Can't wait to try it!

Mrs. Darling said...

That sounds great. I usually do the same thing only I pour BBQ sauce on it.

Shalee said...

My mouth is watering right now... Oh how I love a great roast that lasts a while!

Brenda said...

I am wondering how you have left over meat!!! :)

We buy the biggest roasts we can find and they are still wiped out. I am guessing its because we have 7 people in our family and 6 of them eat a ton and I am not talking about myself!!!

So Cheri next time you have left over roasts let me know because I am coming over to try this!!!